Carina Damm, M.A.
01.06.2022 - 31.08.2022
Medieval Studies Archaeology
GWZO Research Start Scholarship
Research task at GWZO:
Preparation of a project on the perception of weather in Old Norse literary tradition in comparison to sources from medieval Rus’
Graduate School Global and Area Studies,
- Southern Baltic Coast
- Medieval Rus'
- Viking Age Mobility and Migration in the Circum-Baltic Arena (c. 750–1100)
- Entanglements and Cultural Transfer between Scandinavia and Eastern Europe in the Early and High Middle Ages
- Environmental and Climate History of the Medieval North
- Slave trade and Forms of Dependency in the Medieval North
- Damm, Carina. “Ad insulas Baltici. Role and reception of scholia in Adam of Bremen's Gesta Hammaburgensis Ecclesiae Pontificum.” In: Adam of Bremen's Gesta Hammaburgensis Ecclesiae Pontificum. Origins, Reception and Significance, edited by Grzegorz Bartusik, Radosław Biskup, and Jakub Morawiec, 96–107. London/New York: Routledge, 2022.
- Damm, Carina. "Raiding for Love: Patterns of Polygyny among the Eastern Vikings." In: Proceedings of the 10th Háskóli Íslands Student Conference on the Medieval North (Reykjavík, April 15–17, 2021), edited by Katrín Lísa L. Mikaelsdóttir et al., 13–4. Reykjavík: University of Iceland Centre for Medieval Studies, 2021